Monday, July 30, 2012
1:29 PM Jennifer Hudson Taylor No comments
1) New Garden's Hope (1808) by Jennifer Hudson Taylor
2) New Garden's Crossroads (1840) by Ann Shrock
3) New Garden's Inspiration (1861) by Claire Sanders
4) New Garden's Conversion (Contemporary) by Susette Williams
Quakers of New Garden is a collection of four stories centering around the generations of the Wall family starting in 1808 in Greensborough, NC with their assistance in birthing a new city and tracing their migration to the non-slave state of Indiana. There, they face new struggles in their involvement with the underground railroad leading up to the Civil War, and cling to the plain ways of tradition and faith for 200 years until present day when a new generation is tempted to abandon plainness and step out in faith to a new life and a new love.
1:26 PM Jennifer Hudson Taylor No comments
1) Healer of My Heart (1740) by Pamela Griffin
2) Printed on My Heart (1758) by Laurie Alice Eakes
3) Sugarplum Hearts (1789) by Gina Welborn
4) Heart's Inheritance (1815) by Jennifer Hudson Taylor
The four stories in Highland Crossings is centered around the lives of the McKay and McPherson cousins and their descendants. A priceless brooch is given to an ancestress for a good deed she once performed for the imprisoned Mary Queen of Scots and serves as the motivation that tears the family apart. It plays a role in bringing the sisters together after twenty years of separation, gives a daughter a start on her dreams, and a granddaughter a new plan for the future. Each finds her way in the New World, the new nation, and a new century, finding God’s purpose for their lives and the loves of their hearts.